Goop For Kids "Fun Clay"
Honestly, we don't have a clue where this recipe originated, and we don't take credit for the formula. If anyone knows, please let us know and we will give credit where credit is due. It's been around for a long time, and has given millions of fun hours to kids and their parents. Whoever the inventor was, our hats come off to you!!
Here's the infamous recipe... have fun!
- 1 rounded teaspoon 20 Mule Team Borax
- 8 oz. white school glue (Elmer's glue, for example)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 15 drops of food coloring (optional)... you choose the color
- In a glass bowl, stir together 1 cup of water, the white glue, and the food coloring.
- Dissolve all the borax powder in the remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Add borax mixture to glue mix and stir until a slimy lump forms. Stir vigorously for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the lump of slime and kneed it with your hands (or someone else's hands, if you are squeamish) to dry it and complete the reaction.
In 2 minutes or so, you should be holding a ball of wonderful slime that pulls clean from your hands.