Return to NH's Business Tips Index
Get Your Name Out There – Creatively:
Alternative Methods of Advertising
Your advertising options do not begin and end with the Yellow Pages. Although phone book advertising is a necessity, other creative approaches can catch the attention of potential customers – without catching the attention of your wallet.
The most important thing to remember when advertising your business is to use a venue that links you to the community you are serving. Some ideas for promoting your business include:
- Church Bulletins. Community worship centers are one of the best places to advertise a local business. Most churches have newsletters or bulletins that have advertising spaces on them. Placing an ad with your church or churches in your area is a sure link to the community.
- Community Event Sponsorships. Most towns have local events that are strictly for the community and would welcome a local business sponsorship. For example, home and garden walks, community concerts and Christmas events provide opportunities to advertise in their brochures, signage and other promotional materials.
- Little League Sponsorships. What better way to advertise your business than among something your potential customers hold most dear – their kids. Little League teams require a company to sponsor them, and for only a couple hundred dollars, every member of the team will be wearing the name of your business.
- Charitable Donation. Is there a historical project or non-profit organization within the community that could use your help? Donating your services for a good cause can spread the name of your business by word of mouth—the fastest and easiest method. Associating your company with a good cause will also grant you referrals for years down the road.
- Search for websites that give your free or inexpensive listings or link exchanges.
These are just a few creative options for advertising. After reading this, you may look around your community and come up with a few of your own methods to extend your advertising beyond the Yellow Pages and into the backyards of prospective customers.
This article provided courtesy of THE FLOOD
COMPANY, serving the painting
industry for over 150 years.
They are manufacturers of high quality wood finishing products, preservatives, paint additives and more!
For more information on their products and informative articles, visit their website at https://www.flood.com.